Welcome!!

Right, so what started out back in 2011 having just joined the gym and found out that not only was I 20kg overweight, but that my body fat was disgustingly high, is evolving! This blog is a reflection of my journey to a state of better health, vastly improved self confidence and hopefully a far more energetic me! It is also a place where I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy. I cannot promise to write well, but I do promise to be honest in my ramblings.

Friday 19 August 2011

Progress? What progress?

It's Friday afternoon - something about which I am so glad as I'm feeling rather flat today.  Almost another week has gone by but I am not as excited about getting on "the machine" tomorrow morning as I was last week.  I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed again.  I've been very good except for the two birthdays we had at work this week.  I had a tiny piece of cheesecake on Monday - it was heavenly - but about half an hour after I'd eaten it, I realized that my body just doesn't want food like that any more.  I felt positively nauseous!  I went for a 45 minute power walk after work and really pushed it hard. I walked as fast as I could without actually breaking into a run.  I felt good after that.  


On Wednesday I got all dressed up to do another 45 minute power walk, but due to family and pet commitments, I never got to do it!  I crashed early that night and was up at 04h40 the next morning and got myself to the gym by 05h05!  Wow, there are SO many people in the gym at that time!  What an inspiration they all are.  The circuit was unexpectedly busy, so I opted for a hard cardio workout, choosing the elliptical trainer, the rower and the cycle as my weapons of fat destruction.  I was wearing my Polar heart rate monitor and was extremely pleasantly surprised to see that I managed to burn 718 calories during my workout!  Awesome!  


So yet another birthday at work and this time I wasn't so good!  I had marshmallow tart at teatime with my strong, bitter coffee, and then at lunchtime I had the quiche and salad.  It was all absolutely divine, but again, my body protested!  I think this may be a good thing.  


Friday morning arrives.  It's been a very stressful two weeks at work.  I have huge personal stress as well and then today we lose a beloved patient.  I went to the gym this afternoon and tried to sweat out the sadness.  I did a fantastic weight training session followed by a lovely rowing session, and it certainly helped to a point.  


Tonight I raise my glass of red wine and say "rest in peace tannie Barnard, you're sure in a far better place".  

No comments:

Post a Comment