Welcome!!

Right, so what started out back in 2011 having just joined the gym and found out that not only was I 20kg overweight, but that my body fat was disgustingly high, is evolving! This blog is a reflection of my journey to a state of better health, vastly improved self confidence and hopefully a far more energetic me! It is also a place where I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy. I cannot promise to write well, but I do promise to be honest in my ramblings.

Saturday 27 December 2014

New Year's Resolutions? Nah...I don't think so!



Yip, in just five sleeps, we'll be entering a sparkly, shiny, brand new year!  That time where people make all sorts of promises to themselves about what they will and won't be doing next year.  Do I make resolutions? No!  Been there, done that and I find that I feel awfully let down by myself if I don't achieve my goals.  So what's the problem?  Am I just a slacker?  No. I think I set the standard impossibly high, surely leading to failure.  I've been far too unrealistic in my goal-setting in the past and there is nothing like a sense of failure to dampen the spirits and destroy self-confidence!  One year I just decided that enough is enough - no more resolutions.  I quit being so hard on myself!  

I get quite philosophical at this time of year, looking back to see what I have achieved, where I need to improve, what plans I need to set into place for the next year or two and how I am going to achieve my goals.  Now, I sort of sit down and do a five-year forecast.  I write down where I'd like to be in five years on the health front, the work front, the home front, etc.  Then I realistically break it down into years and then further into doable chunks.  I also leave room for unforeseen obstacles along my path so that I can kinda roll with the punches so to speak.  I seldom attain all my goals, but have quit beating myself up about and choosing rather to focus what I have achieved.  Life is unpredictable after all. 

So on the 31st I plan to kiss 2014 goodbye graciously and be thankful for the lessons learnt, and welcome 2015 with arms wide open!  In this new year I plan to look after myself, dance as often as I can, try new things, eat good food, drink good wine, have a positive outlook, continue seeing the good in everyone and everything (yes I know, I am naive, but I like my little world!), work hard, stress less, laugh more, write much more and sleep well!   

What are your plans for the next few years? 

No comments:

Post a Comment