Welcome!!

Right, so what started out back in 2011 having just joined the gym and found out that not only was I 20kg overweight, but that my body fat was disgustingly high, is evolving! This blog is a reflection of my journey to a state of better health, vastly improved self confidence and hopefully a far more energetic me! It is also a place where I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy. I cannot promise to write well, but I do promise to be honest in my ramblings.

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Clifton ...just a magical place!

I'm sure we're all in agreement that Cape Town, our Mother City, is just the best city in the whole wide world.  Not only is it beautiful, but it's got such a friendly population and the list of things to do is endless.  It has the natural beauty of Table Mountain, may I remind you one of the seven natural wonders of the world, the ocean, world-famous beaches, a cooking night-life and the most awesome shops, museums, restaurants, etc, etc.  

Photography by Michael Nigrini
Photography by Michael Nigrini









Clifton is in a protected little spot where the wind just can't seem to get to...and trust me, it really tries!!  Taking a weekend or even, being totally decadent, a whole week to unwind and recharge in Clifton is just such soul therapy.  It's right on two bus routes, the MyCiti transport system (www.myciti.org.za) as well as the City Sightseeing bus route (www.citysightseeing.co.za).  It's a short taxi ride in one direction to the V & A Waterfront or the city centre and in the other direction you find Camps Bay, Hout Bay and along the route, the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa....wonderful to sit on their deck and watch as the sun dips down into the ocean (www.12apostleshotel.com).  

Photography by Michael Nigrini
Photography by Michael Nigrini
There is a holiday apartment on Clifton Steps - 50 steps down from the road and 150 steps up from those stunning Clifton beaches.  Did I mention that the wind really battles to find it's way to Clifton?!!  You can even take a stroll to Camps Bay.  In the morning you'll see all the beautiful people running, cycling, walking and having breakfast at various eateries.  At night, Camps Bay just blossoms into a vibrant mix of music, beautiful people, great food and an incredible vibe.  
Photography by Michael Nigrini











The apartment itself has an almost magical effect on me.  It would seem that when I step through the door, my stresses and strains, worries and fears just dissolve.  It is decorated in natural, earthy tones and is incredibly calming and peaceful.  I sleep so soundly that it doesn't take long for the batteries to recharge.  


I would highly recommend booking a short or long break at this amazing place.  For further information email your inquiry through to cliftonaccom@gmail.com.
Photography by Michael Nigrini


Photography by Michael Nigrini

Photography by Michael Nigrini








Photography by Michael Nigrini

Photography by Michael Nigrini



Photography by Michael Nigrini
Photography by Michael Nigrini
Photography by Michael Nigrini
Photography by Michael Nigrini



No comments:

Post a Comment