Welcome!!

Right, so what started out back in 2011 having just joined the gym and found out that not only was I 20kg overweight, but that my body fat was disgustingly high, is evolving! This blog is a reflection of my journey to a state of better health, vastly improved self confidence and hopefully a far more energetic me! It is also a place where I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy. I cannot promise to write well, but I do promise to be honest in my ramblings.

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Hullo? What happened at the end of Week 6?

As far as reporting my results go, I have nothing to report.  Why? Well, the good lady at Virgin Active just about made me sign a sworn affidavit that I would not get on the scale machine thingy every week.  She said it's going to kill me because we have fluctuations in our weight all the time and one must weigh and measure and check once every five weeks. FIVE WEEKS!!!  I really don't know if I can last that long!  I might make it every four weeks - you know to fit in with various cycles and hormonal fluctuations.  


What I can tell you is that the more Zumba I do, the more I love it.  I mean what can be better than laughing and dancing your way through an hour spent at 90% of maximum heart rate?  I'm still doing my power walking twice a week, although I think I may try running a bit instead.  I missed my early morning gym session this week as my dogs had disappeared off our property the afternoon before and we were all rather hysterical.  They were found and taken in by a very kind lady.  


All things considered it's been a helluva week - what with a shoulder muscle in spasm causing a pinched nerve, the stress of thinking you'll never see your beloved doggies again and a night without sleep, short-staffed at work with phones that don't even allow you to dash down the passage to the cat-box - I think I'm doing ok!  My biggest fear at this point is that the chiropractor will tell me I can't limp through my Zumba class tonight!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment