Welcome!!

Right, so what started out back in 2011 having just joined the gym and found out that not only was I 20kg overweight, but that my body fat was disgustingly high, is evolving! This blog is a reflection of my journey to a state of better health, vastly improved self confidence and hopefully a far more energetic me! It is also a place where I can ramble on about whatever takes my fancy. I cannot promise to write well, but I do promise to be honest in my ramblings.

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Date night....Indian style!

So it's been a while since I did this dating thing!  I am not sure if there are rules that govern this, e.g. a date has to take place on a weekend, or that it follows a certain routine...drinks, dinner, movie, or whatever.  So it's a Tuesday night and I guess we're celebrating the fact that Monday has been dealt with, work was done and the gym session undertaken with a fair amount of vigour;  Tuesday has been tackled and a productive day was had.  We found ourselves alone....our two sons both out for the night.  What to do?  

Well now, there is this Indian restaurant in town called Moksh that has a pretty good reputation.  No, actually, it has a great reputation and we've been wanting to sample this infamous North Indian cuisine for some time.  I booked a table for two and looked forward to the dinner date all day!  I Whatsapped the husband and asked him to put the bottle of Poker Hill Frizzante in the fridge to chill as I thought it would be absolutely awesome with curry.  He replied saying that he had done that already!  I was really impressed...that was until I discovered there was no Frizzante in our fridge.  Puzzled I inquired as to why he said he already put it in the fridge...and with spell checker and a bit of misunderstanding, he thought I'd wanted him to put the chicken back in the fridge that we'd taken out the freezer for supper.  Bwahahaha!!!  From now on I can bet that chicken will be known as Frizzante ..one of those quirky things that happen in our household! 

Interesting Chair
Candle Light
We arrived at Moksh on time only to find they had no record of my booking!  Fortunately they could accommodate us anyway and we were shown to a table in the corner.  The decor is quite dark and the chairs unusual but comfortable.  The lighting is extremely dim and thus the menu is near impossible to read!  By shifting the romantic little tea-light candle around on the table, we were able to decipher the menu.  Lamb Rogan Josh and Chicken Madras was ordered with sides of garlic naan bread and lacha paratha, along with riata.  The curry was ordered "medium" on the heat scale.  We got a big bowl of ice to chill our lukewarm Frizzante!  

While we awaited our food, we were given a foil-lined basket with papadums to nibble on.  These were crispy and flavoured with cumin seeds.  The restaurant was buzzing with almost all the tables full of happy, eating, drinking humans.  

Our food arrived.  Wow!  What a spread!  With our order we also received a bowl of complimentary rice.  The food was excellent - with just the right amount of "heat" and incredibly tasty.  All the flavours blending beautifully and I must say, the Frizzante was an excellent choice with the curry.  We had no starters and no dessert - there was just no space!  


What a lovely date night!  Great food and even better company!  If you're ever in Somerset West, and North Indian cuisine is your thing, you really need to visit Moksh in Victoria Street.  


No comments:

Post a Comment